Pharmaceutical Polymer Excipient Analysis
Pharmaceutical polymer excipients testing and analysis to confirm identity and ensure quality, stability and purity of polymer ingredients
Polymer excipients have many pharmaceutical applications including controlled release systems, encapsulation, tablet coatings and conjugation to biologics to enhance bioavailability. Pharmaceutical inks and colorant formulations, cosmetics and wound care products also contain polymer materials. Polymer analysis, characterisation of reactive oligomers, determination of residual monomers and other organic volatile impurities (OVIs) in healthcare products are all areas of expertise at Intertek.
Intertek supports development of novel polymer pharmaceutical ingredients through analysis, stability and quality testing and generating analytical data for regulatory submissions for notification of new polymer substances.
Bringing quality and safety to life, we offer Total Quality Assurance expertise to help you to meet and exceed quality, safety and regulatory standards. Our scientists provide comprehensive characterization services for synthetic polymer excipients (PEGs, PLGA, PLA, and a wide range of polysaccharides), naturally derived polymer excipients such as carbohydrates and biological polymers such as proteins, collagen and oligonucleotides.
Pharmaceutical polymer excipient characterization capabilities:
- Molecular weight (MW) of polymer excipients
- Physical Characterisation such as particle size, surface area and more
- Protein and other biological polymer characterisation
- Collagen analysis
- Process residuals and Organic Volatile Impurities (OVIs)
- GMP Quality control analysis
- API-Excipient compatibility screening
- Early stage formulation development support
- Comprehensive structural characterisation
- Assessment of drug delivery systems
Need help or have a question?
- +1 800 967 5352
- EMEA UK:
- +44 161 721 5247
- +41 61 686 4800