Laboratory Outsourcing Examples
Laboratory outsourcing case studies: Examples of laboratory outsourcing projects.
Intertek is the world's foremost expert in the specialized field of outsourcing analytical testing laboratories. Intertek has a proven track record in successful lab outsourcing projects for major global companies in a wide range of industries. Here are some examples of recent laboratory outsourcing projects.
Lab Outsourcing Project Examples:
- Air Products awarded a laboratory outsourcing agreement to Intertek Allentown laboratory (Pennsylvania, USA), a high end materials analysis commercial laboratory. The Air Products laboratory staff were transferred to Intertek.
- Imperial Chemical Industries PLC (ICI) awarded a laboratory outsourcing services agreement to Intertek in the UK. ICI's prestigious Measurement Science Group (Intertek MSG) was acquired by Intertek and the laboratory is now part of the global Intertek laboratory network. All Intertek MSG staff transferred to Intertek from ICI.
- DSM awarded a laboratory outsourcing services agreement to Intertek. Intertek acquired Polychemlab operations based in the Netherlands. Intertek in Geleen is among Intertek’s largest laboratory operations in Europe with 175 technical staff transferring from DSM to Intertek.
- Kodak’s European operations awarded a contract to provide analytical testing support services to Intertek. The labs provide analytical testing support services to manufacturing facilities in the UK and France. Intertek acquired the Chalon laboratory and employs the former Kodak employees performing these services.
- Westport Technology Center was acquired from Halliburton, enabling Intertek to offer advanced E&P technical services to the global Oil and Gas industry.
- One of the world's largest jet engine manufacturers, Rolls-Royce, awarded the provision of embedded chemistry and metallurgy laboratory services.
- North Sea Offshore laboratory services outsourced to Intertek: A major North Sea offshore oil producer, BP, has consolidated all laboratory services to be operated by Intertek personnel and laboratories.
- A global chemical company outsourced a Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology Research Centre Laboratory to Intertek. The Intertek Analytical Sciences Group (ASG) Laboratory is created.
- A global producer of polymer catalysts outsourced catalyst production quality testing to Intertek, de-bottlenecking quality control for production and inventory cycles by outsourcing key quality control tests. Outsourcing included process engineering design services.
- Governmental Fuel Research Institution outsources laboratory to Intertek: A respected national research institution outsourced fuel testing and development laboratory to Intertek.
- A major global integrated oil company outsourced a large R&D Technology Center to Intertek, transferring laboratory staff and instrumentation.
- Petrochemical Plant Outsources Laboratory to Intertek: Intertek built an expanded laboratory to meet 24/7 operations. Savings from this part of the outsourcing project saved the client approximately $5 million in the first year. Intertek was awarded an additional contract to operate the lab for a second plant producing petrochemicals.
- A major petroleum refinery in Australia outsources refinery laboratories and a terminal laboratory to Intertek.
- Two North American Refinery Laboratories outsource to Intertek: Intertek runs both refinery QC laboratory operations on a 24/7 basis. One is located in Canada, the other in the USA.
- Lubricant Oil Wear Check Condition Monitoring Program Outsourced to Intertek:
Lubricant Manufacturer Outsources Global Lab Quality Control Program to strategic Intertek locations.
- Corporate Research Laboratory Outsourced to Intertek: Consumer product company outsources Lab Testing, The NWTC Technology Centre Laboratory is created, eventually becoming part of the ASG laboratory complex.
Related Laboratory Outsourcing Services:
Need help or have a question?