Coordinating European Council (CEC) Fuels and Lubricants
Intertek conducts tests according to industry standard methods to deliver world-class fuel, additives and lubricants testing
Our award winning, specialist fuel, additive and lubricants testing facility offers the highest standard and most reliable testing services commercially available, performing testing to current and future global fuel test requirements.
Our UK, Milton Keynes site offers a wide range of Co-ordinating European Council (CEC) fuel and lubricant engine tests. Additionally, our facilities have the ability to perform bespoke testing for customers based on experimental or real-world conditions.
Our facilities offer dedicated fuel and lubricant test cells operating to CEC requirements which are covered by ISO 17025 accreditation.
We offer the following CEC specification testing services:
- CEC F 05 93 M102E Gasoline inlet valve and combustion chamber deposits
- CEC F 20 98 M111 Gasoline inlet valve *
- CEC TDG-F-113 VW – Test development sponsor*
- CEC F 23 01 XUD9 Diesel injector nozzle coking
- CEC F 98 08 DW10B Diesel injector nozzle fouling
- CEC TDG F 110 DW10C Internal diesel injector deposits
- CEC L-082-97 Spectrophotometric determination of soot in oil*
- CEC L-083-97 Kinematic viscosity measurement of used oil*
- CEC L-106-14 DV6 Test development sponsor*
- CEC L 111 EP6CDT Piston cleanliness test development sponsor*
* Tests not covered by ISO17025 accreditation
In addition, engine and vehicle tests can be developed to meet customer specific requirements; Intertek have developed tests for research into fuels, lubricants & additives and for the development of engines, vehicles & automotive components.
The facility can support a wide range of fuel types and quantities – Capacity ranges from 50lt cans to a 20,000lt underground tank.