With a strong network of in-house sugar laboratories, Intertek provides customers with immediate access to reliable quality and sanitary information for all types of sugar and sugar by-products.
We support our customers with a full range of services essential to risk management in the sugar trade. We do this everywhere around the world – both where sugar is produced and where it’s consumed.
Our laboratories worldwide are at our customers’ disposal any time to analyse sugar according to the universal ICUMSA methods as well as any other relevant national and international standards.
Intertek supports clients at source and/or destination of raw and refined sugar worldwide through a full range of inspection, testing and risk management services offered along the sugar supply chain:
Quantity and quality supervision services:
- Vessel Hose Test supervision
- Vessel Holds Inspection
- Vessel Draft Survey
Pre- shipment inspections
- Sugar inspection - current air temperature, as well as of sugar condition and state
- supervision of packing, bag markings, bags condition, uniformity, unit weight, color, markings
- Indicative cargo sampling and testing
Loading and discharge supervision
- Quantity, condition, quality, tally of bags
- Sampling and analyses as per contractual rules, by sub lots
- Daily reports, time logs, quantity and quality (off)loaded
- Photographic reporting
- Independent, trustworthy certification an quantity and quality
- E-certificates as well as hard copies issued at any Intertek location worldwide
- Traceability of product from mill to destinations
- Stock monitoring (SMA)
- Full Outturn Guarantees (FOG)
- Corporate Social Responsibility (SA 8000, GMP etc.)
Choosing Intertek as your inspection and testing services partner gives you a competitive advantage. We are committed to bringing reliability, transparency, safety and integrity to a complex and risky business world.
Need help or have a question?
- Global (Geneva)
- +41 22 319 35 35
- Latin America
- +52 55 5998 0900
- +55 11 46 32 1393
- +54 11 5217 9487
- +56 23 3046100
- +571 745 0877
- +593 4501 7780
- +511 644 9714
- +65 6805 4888
- +86 21 6485 5558
- +61 8 8301 1900
- Sub-Saharan Africa
- +27 31 274 8000
- +971 4 317 8777