CE Certification Solutions
Access European Union Markets with CE Certification
What is CE Certification?
CE Marking Certification is essentially a declaration by manufacturers that a product meets all applicable legal provisions set by the European Union under the CE Marking requirements and is your ticket to access the EU market.
We have helped countless manufacturers understand and meet the requirements of relevant New Approach Directives for CE Marking.
Put our advisory, testing, and CE certification services to work for you and allow us to guide you through every step of the CE Marking process.
6 Steps to CE Certification
- Determine which directive(s) are applicable to your product
- Fulfill the essential requirements
- Establish a monitoring system
- Establish an accident reporting system
- Declaration of Conformity
- Save the documentation for 10 years after a product has been placed on the market
- Register with the appropriate governing body within Europe
Notified Body Status
Intertek has five European Union-based Notified Bodies located across Germany, Sweden, France, Spain and the United Kingdom. We have the product expertise and full capability to test to a variety of directives, including:
- ATEX Directive (94/9/EC)
- Construction Products Regulation (CPR)
- EMC Directive (2004/108/EC)
- ErP Directive (2009/125/EC)
- Gas Appliance Directive (90/396/EEC)
- In-Vitro Diagnostic Directive (98/79/EC)
- Low Voltage Directive (2006/95/EC)
- Machinery Directive (2006/42/EC)
- Medical Device Directive (93/42/EEC)
- PPE Directive 89/686/EEC
- Pressure Equipment Directive (PED and TPED)
- Regulation (EU) 2016/425
- RoHS Directive (2011/65/EU)
- R&TTE Directive (1999/5/EC)
- Toy Safety Directive 2009/48/EC