Battery Safety Testing
Complete Battery Safety Testing solutions helping products gain access to global markets
Intertek is the global leader in Battery Safety Testing services and can test your products to various ANSI, CSA, IEC, IEEE, USCAR, UL, UN, and SAE standards.
Intertek has battery safety testing laboratories in Shanghai (China); Taiwan; Michigan and New York (United States); and Stockholm, Kaufbeuren (Germany) and UK. Intertek is a Certification Body in the CB Scheme and has three National Certification Bodies (NCB), providing you with access to more than 40 countries with a single test report.
Battery Safety Standards:
- ANSI/UL 1642
- ANSI/UL 2054
- IEC 60086-1, 60086-2, 60086-3
- IEC 62133-2: Safety Testing for Lithium Ion Batteries
- IEEE 1625, 1725
- IEC 61851, 61951, 61960, 62196
- UL 2202, UL2231, UL2251
- ANSI C18.1 Part 1, ANSI C18.3 Part 1
- USABC FreedomCAR
- UN Transportation Testing (38.3 T1-T8)
- SAE J2464 EVB
- Other Regulatory and OEM Specific Standards
- Nordic Ecolabel (White Swan)
Intertek also performs failure analysis and battery safety investigations, to evaluate the cause of accidents related to battery technology, as well as identifying measures that can prevent failure.