Chemical Testing for Consumer Goods
To verify that a consumer product meets all appropriate national and international standards and regulations, the chemicals within the product itself need to be tested for their toxicity, purity, strength, reactivity, and coloration.
Product segments of chemicals requiring regulatory testing include bulk chemicals, auxiliaries, dyes, intermediaries, paints, petro-chemicals, inorganic and organic compounds, pesticides, and others. Our laboratories are strategically located across the globe. They are fully equipped with state-of-the-art instrumentation, such as ICP, MS, HPLC, DSC, IR, Instron, UV, and others.
Key Intertek services for Chemicals in consumer goods include:
- North America Chemical Testing
- Restricted Substance Testing (ex. CPSIA, Prop 65)
- Chemical Classification and Labelling Services for Consumer Products
- Toxicity Assessments
- Chemical Certification Scheme
- Chemical and Physical Testing
- Chemicals Quality Assurance Services
- Clinical Studies and Consumer Healthcare Trials
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Risk Management