About Intertek’s Building Sciences Group
The qualities you value for your building commissioning projects packaged and delivered
As the worldwide leader of testing, inspection, and certification services for the built environment, Intertek’s capabilities as a tester and certifier of building products, components, and assemblies provide us a unique perspective and give our customers more immediate access to a knowledge base and in-house testing capabilities that are not available with our competitors. With the ability to perform various testing all under our roof, we offer our customers a more comprehensive and streamlined solution.
Intertek’s Building Science Solutions (BSS) group is primarily focused on building enclosure consulting, commissioning, and field performance testing for new construction and retrofit projects. With over 160 BSS team members nationwide, as well as a network of testing labs within the overall Intertek Building and Construction division, our robust engineering and consultancy network provides complete and comprehensive solutions for our customers.
Our overall breadth of experience relative to all aspects of the building enclosure provides our clients with a knowledge base not available to other consultants. The Building Science Solutions team includes experts in fenestrations, curtain wall, roofing, waterproofing, stone, masonry, stucco, EIFS, glass and glazing, sealants, air leakage performance evaluation, CAD, REVIT, BIM and thermal and hygrothermal analysis. In addition, our in-house subject matter experts in sustainability, fire and life safety protection, blast performance, and acoustics are available to support the needs of any project.
Need help or have a question?
- Search and Buy Building & Construction Standards
- Building Products Directory
- Project Connect (formerly myATI) – B&C Products
- Construction Hive – B&C Projects (PSIQest)
- My TestCentral
- Comprehensive Acoustical Testing Brochure
- Remote Pre Inspections for NFPA 80 / 101
- Protek - Safety. Everywhere. Every Day
- The Acoustic Webinar Series
- Fire Doors 101: Your Guide to Testing and Certification - Webinar Recording
- Tornado Testing & Certification Requirements - Webinar Recording
- Plumbing Products Testing & Certification - Webinar Recording
- The Evolving Code Evaluation Process White Paper
- Proposition 65 & the Furniture Industry Webinar Recording
- Why Planning for FCC Certification is Key to Success in the Door Hardware Industry White Paper
Upcoming Tradeshows & Events
- NFPA 285 - 2023 Edition: An Overview of the Changes
Thursday, March 23, 2023
- CAN/ULC S134: Combustible Components in Non-Combustible Construction
Tuesday, March 28, 2023
- Fenestration – Canada: NAFS Testing, Certification, and Path to ENERGY STAR
Wednesday March 29, 2023
- Declaring and Use of Sustainable Materials for Eco-Friendly Buildings - PART TWO
Thursday, April 06, 2023
- PSI Cleveland Happy Hour Event
Thursday, April 26, 2023