Intertek supports your worldwide packaging assurance needs throughout all stages of the supply chain.
Through our global network of experts, Intertek provides comprehensive, industry-leading assurance packaging solutions to Food, Cosmetics, Medical, Industrial Graphics Packaging, and many other industries.
Additionally, in response to emerging e-commerce trends and the consumer demand for sustainable products and packaging, Intertek supports the development, measurement, and reporting of sustainable packaging claims. This includes rethinking package design, reducing carbon footprinting, verifying recycled content through facility audits, providing extended producer responsibility, and evaluating environmental impacts through the life cycle of the package. From raw materials to disposal, Intertek can determine the environmental impact of a package to inform decision-making.
The Intertek Advantage
Our global network of regulatory experts helps our customers navigate their products through the vast range of regulations and standards around the world. We provide the confidence and assurance needed to minimize risk and bring packaging solutions to desired jurisdictions.
Intertek has a range of assurance services to help you better understand the compliance requirements for packaging. Our services include:
- Assistance achieving faster time-to-market
- Regulatory review of packaging materials to ensure compliance with government agencies
- Toxicological assessment of packaging materials to ensure safe use
- Packaging migration studies, including OML, SML, and NIAS
- Notification migration studies of food contact substances in support of food contact notifications
- Preparation and submission of global food contact notifications to the FDA, the EU, and China
- Safety risk assessments
- Labelling requirements
- Packaging design & design optimization
- Environmental impact assessments
- Extended producer responsibility and fee management