GB Biocidal Products Regulation (BPR) Services
Intertek offers expertise in all aspects of the GB (and EU) BPR. We are leaders in the provision of specialist regulatory services, including innovative and tailored solutions.
Following Brexit, Great Britain (GB) is no longer part of the EU scheme for regulating biocides. The GB Biocidal Products Regulation (GB BPR) came into force on 31 December 2020 and operates like the EU Biocidal Products Regulation (EU BPR).
Our qualified and experienced UK and EU teams of regulatory experts, scientists, and toxicologists can assess your biocidal products and determine your current and future obligations under GB BPR. Intertek offers our clients extensive technical and regulatory support during all stages of a project.
Our range of GB/EU BPR services includes:
- Product development and strategic advice.
- Regulatory support and consulting:
- Determining compliance requirements under the BPR, including data requirements for active substances.
- Completing data gap analysis and preliminary risk assessments (including cost estimates for completing the data package).
- Identifying authorisation requirements of the BPR.
- Outlining requirements for listing on the Article 95 Lists.
- Supporting classification and labelling in compliance with the Classification, Labelling and Packaging (CLP) regulation.
- Regulatory submissions and study support:
- Writing, submitting, and monitoring dossiers.
- Preparing dossiers (IUCLID-format) and submissions (R4BP 3) according to BPR.
- Completion of national applications prior to the approval of the active substance.
- Post-submission monitoring and liaising with competent authorities.
- Technical documentation support:
- Establishing physical-chemical properties, efficacy, and toxicology.
- Preparing risk assessments of toxicology.
- Preparing dietary risk assessments.
- Preparing endocrine disruption assessments.
- Study placement, monitoring, and design (both in-house and through partner laboratories).
Additionally, Intertek offers global support and customised solutions for clients wishing to gain market authorisation of biocides in Canada and the United States.