Raman spectroscopy laboratory analysis for samples such as proteins, polymers, pharmaceuticals, inorganics, minerals and more
Intertek laboratories provide Raman spectroscopy analytical expertise to industry, research and other clients.
Raman measures the interaction of light with matter. Laser light is used as the source, and causes the atoms in molecules to vibrate. Analysing the scattered light provides a 'fingerprint' and reveals information about chemical structure and physical state of samples. Confocal Raman microscopy is available in Intertek laboratories in the USA and Europe.
Raman applications include measuring molecular and crystallographic orientation. Samples analyzed by Raman spectroscopy include proteins, polymers, pharmaceuticals, inorganics, minerals and other sample types. Solids, liquids, solutions and gases are analyzed with confidence. Real-time Raman spectroscopy allows reactions to be followed in the laboratory or on-line at production sites.
Raman spectroscopy techniques:
- Wide range of dispersive Raman Spectrometers
- 488 nm, 532 nm, 633 nm and 785 nm laser excitation
- Portable or lab based
- Macro or microscopic analysis
- Variable temperature studies
- Polarisation analysis for measuring molecular orientation
- Raman Microscopy and Mapping:
- Confocal Raman microscopy with 633 HeNe and 785 nm diode laser excitation
- Non-destructive depth profiling
- Analysis of microscopic samples or regions of a sample down to 1 um3
- Automated spectral mapping with motorised stage, yielding chemical images with 1 um3 spatial resolution
- Mapping and imaging of chemical composition, crystallinity, orientation, strain, additive migration, etc.
- Coating characterisation, cure, stratification, uniformity, etc.
- Process, In-situ Raman Analysis:
- Reaction and reactor monitoring in the lab and at the production line
- Fibre-coupled dispersive Raman instrumentation
- Analysis of solids, liquids, solutions
- Batch or continuous reactions
- Differential Scanning Calorimetry with Raman analysis
- Additional Raman and vibrational spectroscopy resources:
Need help or have a question?
- EMEA UK:
- +44 161 721 5247
- +31 88 126 8888
- +1 800 967 5352
- +33 (0) 385 99 12 80
- +65 6805 4800
- 0800 5855888
- +49 711 27311 152
- +41 61 686 4800
- 01 800 5468 3783
- +52 55 5091 2150
- +55 11 2322 8033
- +61 1300 046 837
- +91 22 4245 0207
- +971 4 317 8777