Adhesive testing to determine performance and properties across multiple industry applications such as aerospace, automotive, construction, packaging, industrial, medical and energy to support application development and quality assurance
Adhesive testing is necessary to evaluate the long-term reliability and durability of adhesive products in a range of applications such as a bonding agent for composites, core constructions, plastics, with metal or wood substrates during new adhesive development. It also plays a key role in production quality assurance and helps troubleshooting quality issues.
Relevant adhesive test methods and stringent testing procedures provide assurance against failure which can occur due to incorrect resin or additive selection, inadequate amounts and cures, contamination issues and cross-contamination issues, substrate issues, formulation issues.
Our experts produce swift and accurate performance adhesive test data for products used in a variety of industries and applications such as aerospace, automotive and construction. The data we provide assists material engineers in the selection of materials in applications across global markets and includes adhesive strength testing such as tensile, shear and peel data and other adhesive property tests (for example impact, odor, and aging). Testing can be performed hot/wet/dry at ambient, elevated or reduced temperatures.
Adhesives Strength Testing:
- Adhesive Peel Test or Stripping Strength of Adhesive Bonds (180 degree peel) ASTM D903
- Bond Strength / Ply Adhesion ASTM F904
- Climbing Drum Peel of Adhesives ASTM D1781
- Peel Adhesion ASTM D3330
- Peel Adhesion to Rigid Substrates ASTM D429
- T-Peel of Adhesives ASTM D1876
- Floating Roller Peel of Adhesives ASTM D3167
- Lap Shear Metals ASTM D1002
- Lap Shear Adhesively Bonded Plastics ASTM D3163
- Lap Shear Sandwich Joints ASTM D3164
- Lap Shear Adhesive Joints ASTM D3528
- Lap Shear Thick Adherend Metal ASTM D5656
- Lap Shear Adhesion for Fiber Reinforced Plastics ASTM D5868
- Tensile Adhesion Properties ASTM D1623
- Tensile Strength of Sandwich Constructions (Flatwise Tensile) ASTM C297
Additional Adhesive Tests:
- Exposure of Adhesives to Artificial Light (QUV) ASTM D904
- Determination of Odor of Adhesives ASTM D4339
- Moisture Conditioning ASTM D5229
Need help or have a question?