Sample Submission Guidelines for Intertek Pharmaceutical Services Manchester
Safety, Health & Environmental Considerations for Sample Submission to Intertek Pharmaceutical Services Manchester
To comply with current legislation, and safeguard both staff and sample couriers, please ensure that the following procedures are observed in full when submitting samples to Intertek Pharmaceutical Services Manchester.
Sample packaging should be appropriate to the nature of any associated hazards. Packaging should also comply with current applicable legislative requirements. Additional information regarding the safe packaging and transportation of toxic and hazardous chemical substances can be found at the following locations:
- EU CLP Regulation on classification, labelling and packaging of substances and mixtures, amending and repealing Directives 67/548/EEC and 1999/45/EC, and amending Regulation (EC) No 1907/2006
- The UK Carriage of Dangerous Goods and Use of Transportable Pressure Equipment Regulations 2009, as amended, implementing the European regulation on transport of dangerous goods by Road (ADR)
- IATA Dangerous Good Regulations
- The Control of Substances Hazardous to Health
Please note that the failure to comply with these guidelines may result in delays to agreed experimental program, the loss / damage of highly valuable test samples or additional costs being incurred. Any additional time and/or materials required to resolve packaging issues, or lack of hazard data/information not supplied prior to quotation, will be charged in addition to the quoted analytical program.
In addition to the legislative requirements, as detailed via the links above, the following guidelines are also strongly recommended when applicable:
- Securely attach the sample’s SDS to the package’s exterior. Please ensure that the supplied SDS has been produced according to CLP regulations.
- Include a Sample Submission Form within the package. Please complete page one. This completed page may be emailed to us using the email address below.
- Outer and inner packaging should clearly state if the contents of the package are hazardous and should also indicate the nature of the hazard. Please note that it is a legal requirement that the carrier of the goods is supplied with comprehensive information regarding the nature of any hazard in the event of an accident or spillage during transportation.
- Place samples in a sturdy box surrounded by packing material. Please seal the box securely and, if possible, place this within a secondary box.
- Avoid sample containers that likely to leak during transit (such as plastic bags).
- Seal sample containers with sticky tape where feasible. If the sample container has a screw-top, ensure that this process does not loosen the bond.
Prior to sample delivery, formally notify Intertek Pharmaceutical Services Manchester by e-mail with the following information:
- The nature and number of samples being submitted.
- The nature of all associated hazards.
- The date of sample dispatch.
- The mode of transport (e.g. name of courier).
- Any applicable special transportation/storage conditions.
- The expected date/time of arrival at Intertek Pharmaceutical Services Manchester.
- Whether or not a chain of custody record is required.
- Completed page one of the Sample Submission Form.
Samples should be shipped to:
Intertek Pharmaceutical Services Manchester
Clients should advise their couriers that sample deliveries are accepted normally only between 8:00am-3:45pm Monday to Friday (or until 6pm in exceptional circumstances with prior agreement). Any deliveries outside these times may not be accepted and thus risk the integrity and accountability of the samples.
Samples shipped to Intertek Pharmaceutical Services, Manchester, UK, from overseas may attract Customs charges. Incorrectly calculated charges can lead to delays in Customs and / or additional Customs charges for which Intertek cannot be held responsible.
Please refer to the HMRC online guidelines or contact them on +44 (0) 300 200 3700 for guidance.
Samples will be retained for a period of thirty (30) days after delivery of results. At the end of the thirty day period, samples will be removed from storage and processed as waste. Longer storage times, or sample return, can be arranged with associated charges. Please contact our team to discuss this prior to quotation stage.
Thank you in advance for your support in complying with these procedures.
Need help or have a question?
- +1 800 967 5352
- EMEA UK:
- +44 161 721 5247
- +41 61 686 4800