Intertek will assist you with fast CCC Mark Certification for China, from documentation preparation and technical consultancy to complete project management.
3C or "CCC", which stands for China Compulsory Certification, became effective on May 1, 2002.
The 3C or "CCC" marking system requires manufacturers in over 132 product categories to obtain the CCC Mark before exporting to or selling in the Chinese market.
Products not meeting 3C or "CCC" requirements may be held at the border by Chinese Customs and will be subject to other penalties.
The application process may:
- Take sixty to ninety days or longer
- Require testing at accredited laboratories in China
- Generally does not permit self certification or third-party testing result
- Require submission of numerous technical documents
- Require submission of a product sample to the accredited Chinese testing laboratory
- Require a factory inspection by Chinese officials at the applicant's expense
- Require follow-up inspections every 12 to 18 months
Intertek can assist you with fast CCC Mark Certification for China, from documentation preparation and technical consultancy to complete project management.
History of the 3C "CCC" Mark
On August 1, 2003 the symbols "CCIB" and "CCEE" found on products sold in China were replaced by the "CCC" Mark. China merged its two compulsory inspection systems, one to check contents of products for import and export, and the other for quality control, into a single procedure as part of its commitment for entry into the World Trade Organization (WTO).
The two previous systems (CCIB and CCEE, or Great Wall) were cumbersome for enterprises dealing in both domestic and foreign trade by carrying different national quality standards. With CCC as a single procedure, this burden has been lifted, providing faster, more cost-effective access to Chinese markets.
Product types requiring 3C or "CCC" Certification include:
- Electrical Wires and Cables
- Switches for Circuits, Installation
- Protective and Connection Devices
- Low-voltage Electrical Apparatus
- Small Power Motors
- Electric Tools
- Welding Machines
- Household and Similar Electrical Appliances
- Audio and Video Apparatus
- Information Technology Equipment (IT)
- Lighting apparatus
- Telecommunication Terminal Equipment
- Motor vehicles, Motor Cycles and Safety Parts
- Motor vehicle Tires
- Safety Glass
- Agricultural Machinery (Equipment for Crop Protection)
- Latex Products (Condoms)
- Medical Devices
- Fire Fighting Equipment.
- Detectors for Intruder Alarm Systems
Our local accreditations include CNACL of China, Hong Kong Laboratory Accreditation Scheme (HOKLAS), and Spring of Singapore.
*Intertek consulting services provided for Marks are carried out by consulting experts of a separate legal entity who have no influence over any aspect of Intertek Notified Body activities.