EU Packaging and Packaging Waste Directive Services
Intertek offers consulting, registration, testing, and recycling services for EU product packaging and packaging waste.
The EU Directive on Packaging and Packaging Waste (94/62/EC) restricts the presence of certain heavy metals in packaging (Hg, Pb, Cr6+, Cd) with the goal of protecting the environment from hazardous substances and materials. The EU Packaging Directive also includes requirements for registration, reporting, and recycling in each EU Member State where a company is considered the producer. This EU Directive scope covers all household, commercial, and industrial packaging waste in the European Union market.
EU Packaging and Packaging Waste Directive 94/62/EC Services
Intertek offers a comprehensive approach to assisting companies meet their compliance requirements for packaging and packaging waste. With offices located in 100 countries around the world, Intertek’s global regulatory experts work to identify the requirements specific to your products, then help you develop and implement an effective compliance strategy.
Intertek’s services include:
- Determination of EU Directive 94/62/EC compliance requirements
- Assessment of sales model and producer status for each EU Member State
- Registration with Responsible Body for each EU Member State (as appropriate)
- Implementation of collection and recycling systems
- Identification of ongoing reporting requirements
- Declaration to European Normative EN 13428, Packaging: Requirements specific to manufacturing and composition
- Packaging toxins testing services
- Packaging consulting and support services
Need help or have a question?
- +86 (22) 83712202
- +82 (0)2 2109 1250
- +91 8291049593
- 0800 5855888
- +49 711 27311 152
- +31 88 126 8888
- Wilton UK:
- +44 1642 435 788
- +46 8 750 00 00