Chemical Classification and Labelling Services for Consumer Products
Protect your supply chain and ensure you can meet your customers’ needs.
Retailers, importers and manufacturers need to ensure that their chemical products are appropriately labelled, so they can be safely used by consumers. Every year companies have their products removed from retail shelves pending investigation when inspectors believe a product is incorrectly labelled or when the appropriate documentation to support the labelling on the package cannot be readily provided.
Protect your markets, your supply chain and consumers by ensuring your products are appropriately classified, labelled and packaged in accordance with the US Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) requirements under the Federal Hazardous Substances Act (FHSA) and Health Canada’s requirements under the Consumer Chemicals and Containers Regulations (CCCR, 2001), Consumer Packaging and Labelling Act (CPLA) and the Canada Consumer Product Safety Act (CCPSA) and make sure you have the appropriate level of documentation to prove these efforts have been undertaken.
Intertek offers services to help companies comply with consumer chemical packaging and labelling requirements in the US and Canada including:
- Classifying your products using existing literature data to avoid unnecessary, costly and often time-consuming animal testing
- Auditing a subset of a suite of products, labels and/or packages in order to prioritize key areas for future compliance-review efforts
- Facilitating discussions with third-party suppliers (North American or overseas) to obtain relevant information (including confidential formulations) to confirm that classification, labelling and packaging requirements are met
- Combining multiple label formats, when possible, into a single label to avoid expensive and time consuming jurisdiction-specific labelling
- Monitoring regulatory changes and guidance materials to ensure your company is aware of coming changes and knows how these changes will affect your products and markets
- Documenting data and other information to prove classification and labelling were appropriately undertaken to meet the regulatory requirements in the jurisdiction of interest; and
- Training through various mediums including webinars, in person or group settings to meet our clients’ needs.
Need help or have a question?
- +86 10 5657 6600
- +33 (0)2 79 23 03 46
- +44 1252 392 464
- +81 3 5643 8633