Understanding MSC and ASC Chain of Custody - Webinar
Understand the importance of Marine Stewardship Council (MSC) and Aquaculture Stewardship Council (ASC) Chain of Custody (CoC) and the benefits to your business.
MSC Chain of Custody certification not only provides seafood buyers with confidence that products can be traced back to a fishery that meets the MSC Fisheries Standard, it also provides consumers creditable assurance of the traceability of the supply chain back to a certified source. This webinar focuses on MSC and ASC CoC, specifically who qualifies for the certifications, the types of certificates issue (single or multi-site options), the benefits of being MSC/ASC CoC certified, the requirements for certifications and the processes involved.
Why should you view this MSC/ASC CoC webinar?
- To gain an understanding of the Marine Stewardship Council (MSC) and Aquaculture Stewardship Council (ASC) Chain of Custody (CoC)
- To find out more about the value MSC/ASC CoC would add to your product or business
- To understand more about what is involved in an audit and what commitments are required to maintain certification
- To find out how to apply for certification and how long it takes to become certified
You should view this MSC/ASC CoC webinar if:
- You are a company involved in processing, repacking or the trading of seafood who would like to make the claim that your product is MSC certified
- You are an auditor or individual involved in auditing seafood businesses who may see an opportunity to encourage certification
Presented by Amanda Park, the Chain of Custody Manager and Lead Auditor for Intertek Fisheries Certification. In addition to being a qualified auditor, Amanda is responsible for the coordination of audits, finalising certification decisions and the technical review of submitted reports. Amanda completed a Masters of Marine Management at Dalhousie University and a B.Sc. in Environmental Biology from Memorial University of Newfoundland and Labrador. She has worked in a variety of fisheries research positions which include at-sea observer, policy analyst, habitat impact analyst and as an educator on Species at Risk.
Need help or have a question?
- +49 2166 600745
- +44 (0) 116 296 1620
- +971 4 317 8777
- +91 11 4159 5408