Oral malodour determination of human breath samples using Gas Chromatography (GC), OralChroma instrumentation or Halimeters
Intertek Clinical Research Services undertakes oral malodour assessment using GC, OralChroma and Halimeters, and has a laboratory dedicated to carrying out testing of all aspects of Oral Care products.
We have extensive experience of supporting clinical malodour trials determining levels of volatile sulphur compounds found within human breath samples.
Typically evaluation of oral malodour may include:
- Optimised statistical design and inclusion of appropriate controls
- Running of small-scale pilot to set test parameters
- Baseline measurements of volatile sulphur compounds (VSC) found within the subjects’ breath
- supervised treatment with an oral care product
- Post product breath measurements to determine VSC levels at various time points
- Full statistical analysis and report
Intertek Clinical Research Services offers Total Quality Assurance expertise and is licensed to handle and store human tissue under the Human Tissue Act 2004 and follows the principles outlined within the act along with local ethical guidelines.
Elm House, Unit A4
Oaklands Office Park
Hooton Road, Hooton
Cheshire, CH66 7NZ
Access our Recorded Webinar: Clinical and In Vitro Support for Tooth Whitening Product Development