Electrical Testing for Appliances and Consumer Electronics
Intertek can provide appliance manufacturers with electrical safety testing, certification, inspections, and market entry counsel for virtually any market.
Intertek's accreditations, recognitions and agreements for countries on six of seven continents ensures that you have the global coverage you require. Depending on your target market, the following testing and certification marks are an example of how Intertek can offer your product global access:
ETL Listed Mark
The ETL Listed Mark indicates that your product has been independently tested by an OSHA recognized Nationally Recognized Testing Laboratory (NRTL), found to be compliant with applicable safety standards, and meets the minimal requirements for sale or distribution within North America.
The ETL-EU mark is the revolutionary new mark of Truth in the European Union (EU). It is the first pan-European Union mark of its kind. Beyond CE Marking, the ETL-EU mark provides manufacturers 3rd-party proof of product safety.
The S Mark provides evidence to authorities and your customers that Intertek has independently tested and certified your product’s compliance to applicable European safety requirements.
Any electrical, mechanical, or electro-mechanical product bearing the GS Mark indicates that it was tested and complies with the minimum requirements of the German Device Safety Act.
Before your products can be placed on the European market they must meet the requirements of the relevant product directives. Directives are joint rules that have been put in place to simplify trade to and between the member countries of the European Union.
CCC, which stands for China Compulsory Certification, is the compulsory safety and quality mark for most products sold in China, including appliances.
BEAB Approved Mark
BEAB Marking shows that a home electrical product fully complies with the relevant product safety Standard that governs it. It combines a robust programme of product testing, factory inspection and on-going product surveillance to ensure that a product is as safe as it can be.
ASTA Diamond Mark
The ASTA Diamond Mark is trusted across the world as evidence of compliance with international product Standards for electrical transmission, distribution and installation products. Covering everything from LV fuses to HV equipment in power stations, the ASTA Diamond is a comprehensive ‘system 5’ certification system.
- Transitioning Products and Certification to UL 60335-2-89
- NSF 456 Vaccine Storage Fact Sheet
- Germicidal Efficacy Testing: Appliance Considerations
- Germicidal Products Webinar: Safety, Performance, and Efficacy
- IEC 62368-1 Standard Compliance Guide White Paper
- Product Listing & Marking Strategies White Paper
- Updated FCC Approval Process Webinar
- Household Dishwasher Test Method EN 50242:2016 Fact Sheet
- Gas Appliance Regulations: Guidance for Implementation of GAR vs. GAD White Paper
- Flammable Refrigerants: Comprehensive Assurance Fact Sheet
- Ceiling Fan Energy Efficiency: Compliance with DOE Rule 10 CFR Part 430
- NTA 8837 Regulation Fact Sheet
- G Marking For Low-Voltage Electrical Products in the Middle East White Paper
- Why Meeting Safety Standards can Still Result in Recalls
- Product Directories
- Public Notices & Product Safety Alerts
- Smart Grid Services
- Intertek Protek - The world’s first industry-agnostic, end-to-end health, safety and wellbeing assurance program