Children’s Furniture Testing
Comprehensive Children’s Furniture Testing including cribs, changing tables and more
Intertek's global network of laboratories conduct children's furniture testing to mandatory regulations and voluntary standards to ensure your products meet specific safety requirements
Children’s Furniture Testing is a critical requirement established by international standards. Building and buying safe children’s furniture is key to manufacturers’ and consumers’ peace of mind.
We test to the following children's furniture test standards:
- Mandatory Standards
- 16 CFR 1219 – Full Size Cribs
- 16 CFR 1220 – Non Full Size Cribs
- 16 CFR 1217 – Toddler Beds
- 16 CFR 1213 – Children’s Bunk Beds
- Voluntary Standards
- ASTM F1427 – Standard Consumer Safety Specification for Bunk Beds (note this is different than the federal bunk bed standard – this one is more stringent)
- Mandatory Standard
- SOR 2010-261 – Cribs, Cradles, Bassinets
Intertek also conducts testing to other standards for children’s furniture such as toy chests, children’s folding chairs, commercial cribs, high chairs and more.