Children’s Furniture Testing
Intertek's global network of laboratories conduct children's furniture testing to mandatory regulations and voluntary standards to ensure your products meet specific safety requirements.
Children’s Furniture Testing is a critical requirement established by international standards. Building and buying safe children’s furniture is key to manufacturers’ and consumers’ peace of mind.
We test to the following children's furniture test standards:
- Mandatory Standards
- 16 CFR 1219 – Full Size Cribs
- 16 CFR 1220 – Non Full Size Cribs
- 16 CFR 1217 – Toddler Beds
- 16 CFR 1213 – Children’s Bunk Beds
- Voluntary Standards
- ASTM F1427 – Standard Consumer Safety Specification for Bunk Beds (note this is different than the federal bunk bed standard – this one is more stringent)
- Mandatory Standard
- SOR 2010-261 – Cribs, Cradles, Bassinets
Intertek also conducts testing to other standards for children’s furniture such as toy chests, children’s folding chairs, commercial cribs, high chairs and more.