Safety of Electric Toys EN 62115:2005 + A11:2012 Harmonised
The new amendment A11 to EN 62115 is now harmonised under the EU Toys Safety Directive 2009/48/EC per the reference published in EU Official Journal; such that compliance now offers a presumption of conformity to the particular safety requirements of the Directive. This new version is effective immediately.
- Transformers for toys shall comply with EN 61558-2-7 and EN 61558–2-16 for switch mode types;
- New EMC and component fault tests to prevent any unintended operation of toys that may impair safety;
- New requirement on protective electronic circuit as per EN 61000-4;
- New requirements for computer toys;
- New temperature rise limits based on different age group (see table below)
Intertek, a leading independent quality and safety solutions provider, offers one-stop-shop services for the compliance of the new EN 62115. By leveraging our local services and global network, we enable our customers to dedicate their primary energies to their core business activities. We offer comprehensive programs and services which draw on our industry specific knowledge and technical expertise.
Should you have any query on the above news, please contact Mr. Elvis Chan at Tel: (852) 2173-8617 / Mr. Ian Chow at Tel: (852) 2173-8630 / Fax to (852) 2785-8570 / Email: firstname.lastname@example.org