Online Learning - ISO 45001:2018 Foundation
Intertek is excited that SAI Global is now part of the wider Intertek organization. And with this fantastic addition to our team, we are now able to share this training which our expert colleagues from SAI Global have created. You may therefore see some SAI Global branding in this course.
This online foundation course is intended for those with an existing, basic knowledge of, or experience in, occupational health and safety (OH&S) management and who require an introduction to the ISO 45001:2018 standard for OHSMS.
The course will equip participants with a basic understanding of the development and application of OH&S management techniques and how the ISO 45001:2018 standard requirements should be interpreted.
On completion of the course participants would be expected to be able to:
- Understand the purpose and business benefits of an OHSMS
- Outline the structure and content of ISO 45001:2018 and its relationship with Annex SL structure
- Interpret the requirements of ISO 45001:2018 in the context of an effective OHSMS
You will have access to the course for 12 months from purchase
This course covers the following topics:
- Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems (OHSMS) - introduction and key OHS concepts OHSMS based on ISO 45001:2018 including 'Process approach'.
- ISO 45001:2018 requirements including context;
- Worker needs interests and participation and interested parties;
- Scope and objectives of OHSMS;
- OHS Policy and Planning;
- Risks and opportunities to the OHSMS;
- Provision of resources and support;
- Hazard identification and elimination and controls;
- Performance evaluation and improvement.
Upon completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- State the purpose and business benefits of an OHSMS
- State the structure, content and the intent of ISO 45001:2018
- Be familiar with the terms and definitions used in the ISO 45001:2018 Standard and be familiar with the concept of a process approach
- Explain the specific requirements of the ISO 45001:2018 Standard
- Describe how the OHSMS system elements link to achieve effective OH&S performance.
Who Should Attend
This course is ideal if you:
- Want to increase your knowledge of ISO 45001:2018
- Are new to an OH&S management role
- Want to refresh your existing knowledge of ISO 45001:2018
- Need to implement the requirements of ISO 45001:2018
- Need to participate in the maintenance of the organisation’s OHSMS
There are no pre-requisites for this course.
We estimate the average student will take approximately 2.8 hours to complete the course.
Intertek Certificate of Completion