Online Learning - ISO 14001:2015 Foundation
Intertek is excited that SAI Global is now part of the wider Intertek organization. And with this fantastic addition to our team, we are now able to share this training which our expert colleagues from SAI Global have created. You may therefore see some SAI Global branding in this course.
The purpose of this course is:
- To introduce the principles of Environment and supporting practices
- Define the scope and structure of an Environmental Management Systems in context with the organisational context and with environmental factors
- Explain the purpose of an environmental management system and the requirements and business benefits of enhanced environmental performance
- Outline the core elements and clauses of ISO 14001:2015 and how these interact with the overall EMS
You will have access to the course for 12 months from purchase. If you have not completed the course within 12 month period please contact us to arrange a three month extension of the course access.
Upon completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Describe the purpose of an Environmental Management Systems as well as the benefits to an organisation
- Have an understanding of terminology used in environmental management
- Understand community perceptions in relation to environmental management
- Have a basic understanding of local, regional and global and environmental issues
- Have a basic understanding of current environmental regulatory and legislative requirements
- Understand and interpret the framework of ISO14001 and understand its applications
- Determine the potential benefits and costs of implementing an environmental management system
- Understand the organisational context and Environmental Scope
- Understand Environmental commitment, leadership and policy
- Identify environmental aspects of an organisation and to access their environment impacts
- Identify factors that will enable the significance of environmental impacts to be determined
- Understand risk assessment tools and techniques to identify, assess and control significant impacts
- Select performance indicators for Environmental Performance
- Assess, analyse and evaluate environmental performance data
- Communicate Environmental Performance results internal and externally
- Implement actions to improve overall Environmental Performances
- Ensure Continual Improvement is demonstrated with Environmental Performance
Who Should Attend
This course is suitable for those responsible for understanding, managing and maintaining internal and external Environmental Management Performance Obligations and evaluating an organisation's arrangements against their commitments. This course is designed as the starting point for learning about environmental management systems.
This is an introductory level course - there are no assumed knowledge requirements.
Intertek Certificate of Completion