Online Learning - Implementing Foreign Body Controls
Between 2010 and 2019, there were 101 recalls due to the presence of foreign objects in food. The most common types of foreign matter found in food were metal (40%), plastic (29%) and glass (21%).
Learn about foreign detection devices and how the equipment works.
Gain an understanding of the types of foreign objects found in food and practical ways to minimise your risk.
Learn about effective control strategies and removal methods that you can apply in your workplace.
This course consists of three modules covering the following areas:
- Foreign objects found in food: a preview of the Australian Food Safety recall statistics and a list of the risks associated with foreign objects in food
- Control Strategies:Covers a few operational control measures that will help prevent the presence of foreign objects in your food products
- Removal Methods: Covers the different types of automated methods used to detect and identify foreign objects in your food products.
On successful completion of this course, participants will obtain the knowledge on how to:
- Explain what foreign objects are in food, where they come from and what impact this has for food manufacturers in Australia
- Understand preventative measures and good manufacturing practices as a means of minimising foreign object contamination
- Describe the defect removal methods used to prevent the occurrence of foreign objects in your food products
Who Should Attend
This online course is designed for food industry personnel involved in a HACCP team, QA management and those personnel responsible for incident investigation and audits.
There are no entry requirements for this online course, although this course is best completed with the two other online food safety courses such as HACCP Refresher and Root Cause Analysis for a more complete understanding of Food Safety in the workplace.
The online course will take approximately 90 minutes to complete.
Intertek Certificate of Completion