China – New Standard GB-T 29862-2013 Textiles-Identification of Fiber Content Introduced
Vol. 750 | February 21, 2014
On Nov. 12, 2013, the General Administration of Quality supervision, Inspection and Quarantine, the Standardization Administration Committee of P.R.C. released a new national standard GB/T 29862-2013 Textiles-Identification of fiber content, which will take effect on May 1, 2014. Combining the practice of products and inspection, the new national standard is modified from the industry standard FZ/T 01053-2007 Textiles-Identification of fiber content, and upgrades the original industry standard to national standard.
According to Article VI of “the Standardization Law of the P.R.C.,” the textile industry standard FZ/T 01057-2007 will be obsolete when the new national standard takes effect.
Compared to the old industry standard FZ/T01053-2007, the new nationalstandard makes significant changes mainly in the following clauses:
- Clause 7.4: Adjusts the fiber content tolerance of low content fiber. If the fiber content of a certain fiber on the label ≤ 10% (stuff ≤ 20%), the fiber content tolerance should be 3% (stuff ≤ 5%). If the fiber content of a certain fiber on the label ≤ 3% (stuff ≤ 5%), the real fiber content should be more than 0.
- Clause 5.2: Emphasizes that fiber content should be expressed in conventional mass percentage which is obtained from the calculation between net dry mass and official regain. If the fiber content is expressed in net dry mass percentage, dry net content should be indicated.
- Clause 5.5: Adjusts the requirement of terms describing the fiber conformation and features, which is more reasonable, normal and accurate.
- Clause 4.10: Adds “Chinese should be prevailed” in the label of composition.
- Clause 6.8: Defines how to label patchwork products. Clause 6.13: Defines there is no need to list the fiber contents for the part not exposed outside.
- Clause 6.12: Adds the way of how to mark specific fiber such as elastic fiber and metal fiber.
For further information, please contact:
Shanghai Ms. Dora
Tel: +86 21 6091 7076
Liu Hui Li
Tel: +86 20 2820 9274
Tel: +86 22 8371 2820