China GB-T 15107-2013 Athletic Shoes goes into effect on June 1, 2014
Vol. 756 | March 21, 2014
After QB/T 4331-2012 “Children’s Athletic Shoes” became effective, China’s General Administration of Quality supervision, Inspection and Quarantine (AQSIQ) and Standardization Administration of the People’s Republic of China (SAC) jointly published NO.21 Announcement in 2013, and approved the new updated national standard GB/T 15107-2013 “Athletic Shoes” to go into effect June 1, 2014.
The changes are as follows:
- Applicable scope: GB/T 15107-2013 is only applicable to sports shoes, exercise shoes, fitness shoes, walking shoes, jogging shoes, etc., excluded are leisure shoes.
- Product categories: in GB/T 15107-2013 men’s athletic shoes and women’s athletic shoes are categorized according to the different end user, and children’s athletic shoes are excluded in the scope, but are included in another standard QB/T 4331-2012 “Children’s Athletic Shoes”.
- Label & Mark: in GB/T 15107-2013 the label is required to be accordance with QB/T 2673.
- Overall appearance: in GB/T 15107-2013 the dimensional tolerance of the same pair shoes is clearly defined with the different limitations for solid or cellular sole, and when the dimension exceeds the allowable range, it is defined as a severe defect. For example: It is regarded as a severe defect when the difference of upper length of the same pair shoes exceeds 6.5mm.
- Sole peel strength: in GB/T 15107-2013 athletic shoes made by sewing or adhesive and sewing methods are exempted.
- Whole shoes flex resistance: in GB/T 15107-2013 it is an exemption when the sole thickness at flexing area is 25mm or more, and a new request for the shoes with air (fluid) pads: no air (fluid) leakage or collapse was found after specified cycles of flexing; test should be taken according to GB/T 3903.1-2008, 40,000 cycles of flexing, without precutting.
- Sole abrasion: in GB/T 15107-2013 it is clearly indicated that the test position is fixed on ball part or heel part touching with the ground.
- Adhesive properties: in GB/T 15107-2013 test should be taken according to QB/T 2886-2007 with the sample position on both sides of shoes at the ball part.
Tianjin Mr.Howard Xing
Tel: +86 22 8371 2820
In addition, in GB/T 15107-2013 colorfastness to rubbing on lining or insole, banned Azo colorants of textiles or leather and free formaldehyde are requested as new test items. The limit for decomposed carcinogenic aromatic amine is 20mg/kg, with 24 types.
Local Contact info:
Shanghai Ms.Dora Tang
Tel: +86 21 6091 7076
Guangzhou Ms.Liu Hui Li
Tel: +86 20 2820 9274
Zhejiang Grace Sun
Tel: +86 574 8791 9575
US Ms.Megan Liu
Tel: +1 847 871 1034