The Gulf Mark (G Mark) for Low Voltage Electrical Products And Appliances
New requirements for importing and selling electrical products in the Gulf Member States. Intertek can help you start meeting those requirements today.
G Mark is now a requirement for Low Voltage Electrical Equipment and Appliances being sold into member countries of the Gulf Standardization Organization (GSO) as defined within the Low Voltage Technical Regulation, BD142004-01.
Intertek was able to quickly demonstrate its expertise in testing, inspection and certification to accreditors in order to gain Notified Body status. We currently have three office locations, Shanghai, Hong Kong and Singapore with this designation and more on the way in the South America, US and Europe.
We can help manufacturers navigate through the Gulf Technical Regulations and overall G marking requirements and procedures.
- Intertek has a global network of ISO / IEC 17025 accredited testing laboratories and is already one of the world’s largest issuers of IECEE CB scheme certificates
- We are a GAC- ISO / IEC 17065 Accredited Notified Body for Low-voltage Electrical Equipment and Appliances
- We have Notified Body locations in Asia, Europe, and North America to ensure local service to our clients
- Our testing and certification service incorporates IECEE CB + Intertek Mark + Gulf Type Examination Certificate
- Bundle safety, EMC, environmental, energy efficiency, performance testing, and Certificate of Conformity for the greatest speed and efficiency.
Timeline for Compliance
Enforcement of the new G Marking scheme for low-voltage electrical products and appliances went into effect on July 1, 2016. All low-voltage electrical products in scope (List 2) entering the GSO marketplace after July 1 2016 must have the G Marking and meet all of its requirements.
List 1 Regulated Products: Self-declaration conformity assessment
Regarding manufacturing procedures and processes, manufacturers of List 1 products must have a system in place—typically a factory quality control system—in order to ensure products are being manufactured and assembled in a controlled manner which includes production line testing to confirm the product quality and integrity so as to maintain conformity within the design intent. Once all these elements have been completed the manufacturer can affix the proper G Marking to the product and draw up a written Declaration of Conformity.
List 2 regulated products: Requiring Notified Body (NB) involvement
Manufacturers must choose a single Notified Body (NB) entity, such as Intertek, to examine the technical design of a product and verify that the technical design of the product meets the requirements of the applicable Gulf Technical Regulations and for the issuance of an evaluation report with a Gulf Type Examination certificate. The Notified Body must also ensure the manufacturing has a production quality system implemented in order to confirm that the product is being manufactured in accordance to the technical specifications. The product manufacturer still must create a Technical Construction file for each model of product, and this documentation must include a risk analysis / assessment report and test reports, among the other additional documentation requirements noted for List 1 products, but with the additional inclusion of the Notified Body issued evaluation report with Type Examination Certificate.
Product categories within List 2 are primarily in the area of IEC 60335 (Home Appliances), such as:
- Electric fans
- Refrigerator/ Freezer
- Clothes washer/ Dryer
- Food grinder/ Mixer/ Juice extractor
- Hair-dressing apparatus/ Hand dryer
- Electric heating apparatus
- Microwave oven
- Cooker/ Griller/ Oven
- Water heater
- Electric iron
- Air conditioner
- Plug/ Socket
- IECEE CB/ GAC/ ILAC report/ Intertek test report with the correct national deviations
- Manufacturer Declaration of Conformity
- Importer Declaration of Conformity
Learn more about: