The world's first industry-agnostic, end-to-end health, safety and wellbeing assurance programme for people, workplaces and public spaces
Intertek Protek is the world’s first industry-agnostic, end-to-end health, safety and wellbeing assurance program for people, workplaces and public spaces, offering audits, training, inspection, verification and certification solutions.
As part of Protek, Intertek Philippines has launched a new testing service to identify if SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) is present on surfaces, ambient air, food and in water - an essential part of hygiene and safety monitoring for any employer or public venture. Never before has health, safety and wellbeing been so vital to every aspect of our lives. In a dynamic environment, the Protek program provides support across all sectors, from manufacturing to retail sites to public places.
Intertek Philippines also launched a DIY swab kit that enable customers to pre-order and take swabs in accordance with clear instructions that are provided, which then once packaged up and posted back to our laboratory will identify if SARS-CoV-2 is present on the swabbed surfaces.
We assist our customers for safely enabling their facilities to stringent hygiene standards that will become key strategies to address their risk and reassure their employees, suppliers, and stakeholders.
- Surface Swabs for SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Test
- Qualitative Ambient Air, Food, Water, Wastewater for SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19)
- Test Method: qPCR
WHY TEST FOR THE VIRUS ON DIFFERENT MATRICES?
- Primarily, the test is a scientific proof of the presence of the virus in surfaces, ambient air, food, and water.
- We have limited resources to allot in controlling the virus. Efficiency is key to smart spending.
- Technical document proof of the efficacy of the disinfection procedures in the facility.
- Ensure our customers of the safety of our facility.
- This may also be a quality control requirement soon.
WHAT ADVANTAGES CAN BE GAINED?
- Integrity – the test is based on the Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR), which is the Gold Standard in confirming the presence of the virus
- Quality – Our efforts in disinfecting our areas can now have a test certificate
- Efficiency – We can base our decisions on hard facts and results
- Assurance – we can show our customers hard facts to support our claim of caring for them