Testing for Global Regulatory Requirements - Medical Equipment
Testing and Certification for Electrical Safety and Electromagnetic Compatability (EMC)
To bring your medical device to North American, European and global markets with speed and efficiency, you need a testing and certification partner who knows your business. Count on Intertek for compliance testing and certification to harmonized global standards and requirements, all from a single source.
Medical Device Market Requirements Certification Guide
Brazil | Japan | China
IEC 60601-1 Medical Electrical Equipment Standard
Your new and existing medical devices must demonstrate compliance with the latest revision of IEC 60601-1. Navigate the new requirements of the Amendments to the 3rd Edition with Intertek and reach your target markets.
IEC 60601-1-2 Electromagnetic Compatibility
Access the world’s largest network of EMC laboratories and discover our complete testing solutions per IEC 60601-1-2 and EMC Directive specifications for your medical device.
CB Scheme Testing and Certification
Learn how you can obtain multiple national safety certifications for your product and gain entry to more than 50 countries through the IECEE’s International program. Globally, Intertek has an industry-leading accreditation scope for CB Scheme across our Medical Center’s of Excellence.
Simplify your FDA submittals while shortening your time to market with participation in the FDA’s ASCA Pilot Program utilizing Intertek’s 13 ASCA Accredited Medical Testing Labs.
Download our FDA ASCA Program Overview Webinar
EU Medical Devices Regulation (MDR 2017/745)
Before you can market your medical device in the EU, your product must meet the essential requirements of the MDR and bear the CE Mark. Learn the Differences Between the EU MDD and the MDR with our FAQ Sheet.
In Vitro Diagnostic Directive 98/79/EC
Give your in vitro diagnostic device a head-start to achieving EU market access. We can help you address essential requirements of the IVDD and prepare your Declaration of Conformity.
EU RoHS 2 Recast Directive Services
Our global expert network provides you a single-source solution for RoHS compliance, including technical documentation, BoM assessment, testing, consulting, and product certification.
*The Intertek legal entities that provide medical device management system certification services (including ISO 13485 and MDSAP) and Notified Body services (MDR 2017/745 and MDD 93/42/EEC) do not provide any consulting services. Clients who have used other Intertek legal entities’ consulting services are not eligible to receive management system certification services or Notified Body services from Intertek.
Need help or have a question?
IEC 60601-1 3rd Ed., 2nd Amendment: An OverviewConfused by transition times and stringent testing expectations?
Download the fact sheet.
- Evolution of the Home Healthcare Market and Medical Device Compliance
White Paper | Webinar Recording
- Ventilator Production: Introductory Guide to Regulatory Requirements
- Critical Care Medical Devices: First-In-Queue Priority
- Medical Robots Fact Sheet
- Product Listing & Marking Strategies White Paper
- IEC 60601-1-2 Edition 4 White Paper
- Updated FCC Approval Process Webinar
- Extractables and Leachables Studies Fact Sheet
- Five Steps to Medical Device Commercialization in the United States White Paper
- Making Green Profitable: Using IEC 60601-1-9 as a Competitive Advantage White Paper
- ETL Mark The Industry's Fastest Certification Program
- Search and Buy Medical Device Standards
- My Test Central
- Certification Marks
- Global Research & Certification
- Medical Podcast - Compliance with Clarissa
- Satellite Data Acceptance Program
- Planning for Quality through Disruptions
- Intertek's world-class team of Medical Experts
- Intertek Protek - The world’s first industry-agnostic, end-to-end health, safety and wellbeing assurance program