Pressure Equipment Directive (PED) - Conformity Assessment
Intertek, as a Notified Body accredited for the Pressure Equipment Directive, provides conformity assessment and European approval of materials for pressure equipment.
The Pressure Equipment Directive (PED) is European legislation covering the design, manufacturing and conformity assessment of pressure equipment and assemblies with a maximum allowable pressure greater than 0.5 bar or 7.25 psig. The PED affects most pressure equipment and assemblies that will be placed on the market in the European Economic Area (EEA).
If you design or manufacture certain types of pressure equipment for the EEA market, you will need your equipment certified by a Notified Body. It is important to find the right partner for accreditation, one that can meet your production schedules and deadlines.
Intertek is an accredited Notified Body for the Pressure Equipment Directive 2014/68/EU and can provide the conformity assessments necessary for your equipment’s certification. The conformity assessments are performed through various evaluation procedures that apply depending on the pressure equipment category.
Intertek’s pressure equipment services include:
- Conformity assessment (PED, Article 10)
- Module A1: internal manufacturing checks with monitoring of the final assessment
- Module B: EC type-examination
- Module B1: EC design-examination
- Module C: conformity to type
- Module F: product verification
- Module G: EC unit verification
- Approve the procedures for the permanent joining (PED, Annex I, 3.1.2)
- Approve the personnel undertaking the permanent joining (PED, Annex I, 3.1.2)
Our team of engineers and auditors has years of international experience in all aspects of pressure equipment, from manufacturing, design, inspection and welding to quality assurance for both fixed and transportable pressure equipment.
Intertek provides clients with the knowledge that their pressure equipment and assemblies comply with the Pressure Equipment Directive 2014/68/EU on time and to budget.
Need help or have a question?