BEAB Approved Mark
The BEAB Approved Mark is a widely recognised European Safety Mark used to support CE Marking and demonstrate conformity with the Low Voltage Directive (LVD)
The BEAB Approved Mark is a widely recognised European Safety Mark used to support CE Marking and demonstrate conformity with the Low Voltage Directive (LVD).
The BEAB Approved Mark demonstrates to consumers, retailers and distributors that an independent third-party (Intertek) has verified your product’s safety. Recognized across the UK and Europe, the BEAB Approved Mark shows your commitment to best practice, producing quality goods and most importantly, the safety of your customers.
The BEAB Approved Mark is also highly recognised with inspection agencies and port authorities, meaning your products are less likely to be subjected to additional customs or trading inspections.
The Mark offers assurance that the product has been manufactured in an inspected factory and tested and approved by Intertek. Products bearing the BEAB Approved Mark are also randomly checked by Intertek on an annual basis, ensuring quality is maintained.
Intertek supports you through the process, helping you ensure that your product complies with the applicable requirements, reducing the risk of safety issues, product recalls and liability issues.
- Risk assurance: The BEAB mark is widely used to support declaration of conformity and technical file activity required when CE Marking for the EU. The thorough safety approval process is supported through on-going factory and market surveillance, assuring your customers that your product’s quality is maintained throughout its manufacturing lifecycle.
- Cost-effective: No additional testing is required in addition to the requirements of CE marking.
- Competitive advantage: Stand out from the competition and give confidence to trading standards, retailers, distributors, customs and consumers.
- International markets: BEAB Approval can be used as a basis for obtaining other national and international certification marks under the CB Scheme and ENEC scheme.
Products carrying the BEAB Approved Mark
- Heating appliances (EN 60335 series)
- Refrigeration appliances & equipment (EN 60335 series)
- Motor-operated appliances (EN 60335 series)
- Appliances for body care (EN 60335 series)
- Transformers / Power supply units (EN 61558 series)
- Audio products (EN 60065)
- Video products (EN 60065)
- Aerial & cable products (EN 60065)
- Information Technology equipment (EN 60950)
- Instrumentation (EN 61010)
- Lighting (EN 60598 series)
View the BEAB Marks Product Directory here.
BEAB Control’s Mark Scheme
Intertek also offers the ‘BEAB Controls’ mark scheme. This scheme enables manufacturers who supply switch assemblies and controls to appliance manufacturers to demonstrate the reliability and safety of their products. The Standards included in the scheme are ‘thermal controls’ EN 60730-1, ‘thermal links’ EN 60691 and ‘switches’ EN 61058-1.
Applied to products that already carry the BEAB Mark, the BEAB Care Mark requires additional product assessment over and above the requirements of the Standard. These requirements take into account the needs of people in care situations, such as the elderly and people with disabilities.