Safety Equipment Institute (SEI) and Intertek
Working together with the Safety Equipment Institute (SEI) to keep you safe
For over 20 years, the Safety Equipment Institute (SEI) and Intertek have been working together to protect workers and consumers who rely on personal protective equipment (PPE). SEI is a private, non-profit organization that administers a non-governmental, third-party certification program for which Intertek is their laboratory of choice. Products – such as firefighting boots, gloves, helmets, SCBA equipment and others – are submitted for certification and tested at Intertek’s ISO 17025 accredited laboratories.
Together, Intertek and SEI have ensured that thousands of products designed to keep people protected meet safety and standard requirements. To learn more about SEI, please visit their website.
- Flame Detectors: FM 3260 Testing & Certification - fact sheet
- 10 Considerations for an Efficient Product Approval - fact sheet
- Becoming a Listed Alarm Service Company - white paper
- Overview of Product Certification - webinar
- Testing and Certification of Heat Alarms and Detectors - fact sheet
- Life Safety Security Testing and Certification Solutions - fact sheet
- Alarm Service Certification and Assurance
- Product Listing & Marking Strategies - white paper
- AHJ Handbook
- Becoming a Listed Central Station - white paper