Supporting Your Business through Active Industry Involvement
Intertek does more than just provide testing and certification for our customers, we partner with key associations and develop professional relationships that help to advance and promote the life safety and security market. Through these partnerships, we can become a greater resource to the industry and to our customers.
The Monitoring Association (TMA)
The TMA is a trade association representing Central Stations that are listed by Nationally Recognized Testing Laboratories (NRTLs) like Intertek.
Electronic Security Association (ESA)
The ESA represents a variety of companies in the security agency ranging from sales, manufacturing, installation, service, and monitoring companies.
Safety Equipment Institute (SEI)
SEI is a private non-profit organization that administers a third party certification program that tests and certifies a broad range of occupational and recreational safety and protective products.
- Flame Detectors: FM 3260 Testing & Certification - fact sheet
- 10 Considerations for an Efficient Product Approval - fact sheet
- Becoming a Listed Alarm Service Company - white paper
- Overview of Product Certification - webinar
- Testing and Certification of Heat Alarms and Detectors - fact sheet
- Life Safety Security Testing and Certification Solutions - fact sheet
- Alarm Service Certification and Assurance
- Product Listing & Marking Strategies - white paper
- AHJ Handbook
- Becoming a Listed Central Station - white paper