Modern Slavery and Human Trafficking Mitigation Solutions
Governments all over the world are taking legislative measures to ensure organizations are actively monitoring for and eradicating forced labour from their operations and supply chains.
According to the Global Slavery Index, more than 46 million people worldwide live in modern slavery. An increasing number of government entities are passing Modern Slavery legislation that require organisation’s that supplies goods and services, conducts a business, or part of a business in any part of their jurisdiction, to publish an annual slavery and human trafficking statement outlining the steps and processes they have taken to mitigate this issue.
Although the specifics of each regulation are specific to their governing body, to date all Modern Slavery legislation require brands and retailers to engage in the verification of their supply chains to evaluate the risks of forced labour and human trafficking.
Modern Slavery Acts across the globe:
- California, USA: Transparency in Supply Chains Act of 2010
- UK: Modern Slavery Act of 2015
- Australia: Modern Slavery Act of 2018
- France: Duty of Vigilance Law
How Intertek Can Help
Intertek offers complete solutions to help organisations not only meet the requirements of such global Modern Slavery Acts, but to ensure a safe environment for all those working in their supply chain.
- Internal organisation support through recruitment agency and service provider audits, and due-diligence audits on company processes
- Supply Chain Solutions and Intertek programmes, including Workplace Conditions Assessments
- Training and remediation programmes to improve education and compliance on the Modern Slavery Acts, human and workers’ rights, anti-bribery, and other modern slavery policies
- Social Compliance Audit Services: Agency, surveillance, and sub-contracting audits, and Industry Association Programmes including BSCI, SEDEX, EICC
- In addition, Intertek Inlight can help your organisation map your supply base, screen for inherent risks, profile your suppliers, prioritise risk, and verify credentials for your entire supply chain in one online portal.
Need help or have a question?
- +44 (0) 116 296 1620
- +61 (0) 2 8039 8111
- +46 8 750 03 33
- Asia Pacific
- +86 21 50273066