API Q2 Training – Singapore
Created by the American Petroleum Institute (API), the 3-Day API Q2 Fundamentals course, teaches the stringent requirements of the API Specification Q2, 1st Edition: Specification for Quality Management System Requirements for Service Supply Organizations for the Petroleum and Natural Gas Industry.
What: API Spec. Q2 is addressing quality management systems for the service supply organisations in the upstream petroleum and natural gas industries. Over the three-day training course, the management system requirements from a managerial and business perspective, will be highlighted and you will be provided with a working understanding of the document's requirements. You will be given insight into the drivers behind Q2's importance and its value in the oil & natural gas industry.
The three-day course provides attendees with knowledge on the Q2 standard, including Q2 scope identification, history and drivers behind Q2. It will assist with identifying allowable exclusions and applications as well as performing Q2 audits.
For service providers and operators, the course provides an understanding of the application of Q2 to their business processes and/or sub process/contractors.
Where: M Hotel Singapore, 81 Anson Road, Singapore 079908
When: 20-23rd August
Why: Using a combination of lectures, group discussions, practical examples and hands-on application, this course shall give you knowledge of Q2’s requirements and interpretations, which includes the requirements of ISO 9001:2008 and API Q1 where applicable.
Through six individual modules the course topics primarily include sections: (4) Quality Management System Requirements; (5) Product Realization; and (6) Quality Management System Monitoring, Measurement, Analysis and Improvement. Particular key areas of study include the following:
- An introduction on the API
- Key Drivers behind development of Q2
- Terminology / definitions / abbreviations,
- Normative references
- Management responsibility
- Competency requirements
- Control of documents
- Risk assessment and management
- Service design preparation
- Importance of service quality plans
- Contingency planning
- Management of change (MOC)
- Customer satisfaction process
- Internal audits
- Corrective action and root cause analysis
Who: Any service supply organization involved with the execution of services in the upstream exploration, developing and production in the oil and natural gas Industry including:
- API Q2 licensees and applicants
- Quality system auditors
- Quality assurance personnel and management representatives
- Operators involved in upstream development and exploration
- Service providers in upstream development and exploration
- Any organization or personnel involved with well construction, intervention, production and abandonment within the Oil and Gas Industry.
About the Instructor:
Garry Tanner, as the Lead Instructor has been involved with Quality for in excess of twenty years and has been working with API as a Lead Auditor for fifteen (15) of those. Garry is a registered Lead Auditor and undertakes Audits / Survey for API on the API Q1, Q2 and Monogram Programs.
Q2 Fundamentals (three day course) (incl GST) per person*
Date: 20 to 22nd August 2019
Q2 Practioner (Fundamentals Plus 1 Additional Day) (incl GST) per person*
Early bird registration will get 7% discount (payment in full before 31st July 2019)
If 3 or more from same company attend the same seminar a 10% discount on total price shall apply.
* This course will only be run if the minimum number of attendees register prior to the application deadline.
Need help or have a question?
- +61 1300 046 837
- +44 1698 477200
- +65 6805 4800
- +971 2 642 8005