BSR Testing Solutions (Buzz, Squeak and Rattle)
Our Buzz, Squeak and Rattle (BSR) Testing Services help you gain the competitive edge you need to succeed in the market.
Utilizing Intertek’s low-noise vibration system to evaluate your product's buzz, squeak, and rattle performance can help your product to stand out. We offer BSR testing with an MB Dynamics Energizer low-noise vibration system that can test instrument panels and consoles, cockpits, seats, seat belt retractors, HVAC assemblies, vent registers, airbag modules, clusters, steering column assemblies, radios, and audio equipment.
BSR Testing Capabilities/Equipment:
MB Dynamics Energizer Low-noise Vibration System Specifications
- System noise less than 1.5 sones
- Background Sound Levels less than 26 dBA
- Random, Sine and Shock-type vibration profiles
- Custom profiles utilizing actual Road Load Data Acquisition also available
- 6'x2' payload area: can accommodate most vehicle subsystems
- Capacity to 500 pounds
- Flexible fixturing allows single sample mounting to be used for 3 axes of vibration.
- Multiple Sound Measurement Software and hardware equipment up to 4 Microphone inputs:
- MB Dynamics S&R Metrics Package
- Head Acoustics Artemis
- Agilent/HP 35670A Dynamic Signal Analyzer
- Bruel and Kjaer 4100D Head and Torso Simulator
- Sound Pressure Level (SPL) Flat Response, A-weighted, custom filtered, post-processing of raw data
- Frequency Response: 1/3, 1/24 octave Spectrum Analysis
- Stationary Zwicker Loudness (Sones) Per ISO 532
- Time Varying Loudness
- General Motors: GMW 7293, GMW14011
- Ford Motor Company: CETP 01.01-L-407, CETP 15.01-L-402
- Custom specification requiring low background noise levels