BSR Testing Solutions (Buzz, Squeak and Rattle)
Our Buzz, Squeak and Rattle (BSR) Testing Services help you gain the competitive edge you need to succeed in the market.
What is Buzz, Squeak and Rattle (BSR) Testing?
Buzz, Squeak and Rattle (BSR) testing uses real life data to recreate real-world road profiles helping to identify, isolate, and remove unwanted sounds for components within automobiles, such as buzzing, squeaking, or rattling.
BSR Testing Benefits
Buzz, Squeak and Rattle (BSR) testing is a type of evaluation performed on vehicles and other mechanical systems to identify and assess any unwanted noises, vibrations, or rattles that may occur during normal use. The benefits of conducting BSR testing include:
- Improved customer satisfaction: BSR testing helps identify and resolve any potential sources of unwanted noise, vibration, or rattle, improving the overall customer experience and satisfaction with the vehicle or system.
- Increased reliability: By identifying and resolving potential sources of noise, vibration, or rattle, BSR testing helps improve the reliability of the vehicle or system, reducing the risk of component failure and the need for repairs.
- Improved product quality: BSR testing helps identify potential quality issues early in the development process, allowing manufacturers to make necessary design modifications to improve the quality of the final product.
- Reduced warranty costs: By identifying and resolving potential sources of noise, vibration, or rattle, BSR testing helps reduce the number of warranty claims and the associated costs.
- Competitive advantage: By conducting BSR testing and resolving any potential issues, manufacturers can demonstrate their commitment to quality and reliability, giving them a competitive advantage in the market.
Overall, BSR testing provides a number of benefits that help improve the quality, reliability, and customer satisfaction of vehicles and other mechanical systems, while also reducing warranty costs and giving manufacturers a competitive advantage in the market.
Drive-by Noise and BSR: NVH in the Age of Electrification
Download the On-Demand Webinar
Intertek's BSR Testing Solutions
Utilizing Intertek’s low-noise vibration system to evaluate your product's Buzz, Squeak, and Rattle performance can help your product to stand out. We offer BSR testing with an MB Dynamics Energizer low-noise vibration system that can test instrument panels and consoles, cockpits, seats, seat belt retractors, HVAC assemblies, vent registers, airbag modules, clusters, steering column assemblies, radios, and audio equipment.
Intertek's BSR Testing Capabilities/Equipment:
MB Dynamics Energizer Low-noise Vibration System Specifications
- System noise less than 1.5 sones
- Background Sound Levels less than 26 dBA
- Random and Sine vibration profiles
- Custom profiles utilizing actual Road Load Data Acquisition also available
- 6'x3' payload area: can accommodate most vehicle subsystems
- Capacity to 300 pounds
- Flexible fixturing allows single sample mounting to be used for 3 axes of vibration.
- Multiple Sound Measurement Software and hardware equipment up to 4 Microphone inputs:
- Head Acoustics Data Acquisition and Signal Processing
- Sound Pressure Level (SPL) Flat Response, A-weighted, custom filtered, post-processing of raw data
- Frequency Response: 1/3, 1/24 octave Spectrum Analysis
- Instationary Zwicker Loudness (Sones) Per ISO 532
- Level vs. Time Analysis
Test Standards for BSR (Buzz, Squeak and Rattle)
- General Motors: GMW 7293, GMW14011, etc.
- Ford Motor Company: CETP 15.01-L-402, CETP 12.00-L-405, CETP 00.00-E-412, etc.
- Custom specification requiring low background noise levels