European Feed Additive Regulatory Approval
Scientific, toxicology, and regulatory consulting services for feed additive approvals in Europe
Europe’s Regulation (EC) No. 1831/2003 sets out detailed rules and procedures for the approval of feed additives used for animal nutrition. The safety and efficacy of an additive for the intended use must be evaluated and approved by the European Food Safety Authority (EFSA) before it can be placed on the market.
The goal of European feed additive legislation is to protect human / animal health and the environment from potential dangers. Regulatory requirements include the circulation, labelling and use of feed materials and feed additives, maximum limits on the levels of undesirable substances in animal feed, and specific rules on genetically modified food and feed.
Feed Additive Regulatory Compliance Services
- Classification of feed ingredients as materials, additives, drugs or feeds for particular nutritional uses
- Preparation of feed material notifications when first entering EU market
- Provide expert advice on the relevant legislative limits on undesirable substances
- Prepare and steward feed additive submissions for review by the European Commission and European Food Safety Authority (EFSA)
- Provide assistance with submission of methods of analyses to the European Union Reference Laboratory
Need help or have a question?
- +86 10 5657 6600
- +33 (0)2 78 94 01 78
- +44 1252 392 464
- +81 3 5643 8643