RC14001 – Technical Specification (Chemical Responsible Care)
RC14001 expands your existing management systems to address environmental, health, safety and security (EHS&S) concerns.
RC14001 integrates the American Chemistry Council’s (ACC) Responsible Care® requirements with those of ISO 14001. RC14001 enables organisations to implement a responsible care management system that conforms to both the ISO 14001 and Responsible Care® requirements on the handling chemicals.
The standard’s structure is identical to ISO 14001, and in most cases simply expands an environmental mandate into an EHS&S requirement. The RC14001 and ISO 14001 standards provide assurance to company management, employees and external stakeholders that potential environmental, health, safety and security risks are being measured and improved.
Benefits of RC 14001 to your organisation:
- Embodies the Responsible Care® Guiding Principles and Codes of Management Practice and transforms them into the traditional Plan-Do-Check-Act management system cycle.
- Its aim is to prevent accidents, injuries or harm to the environment
- Integrates a robust risk management system in a cost-effective process
- Meets the membership requirements for the American Chemistry Council
- Demonstrates your organisation’s commitment to community outreach
Partnering with Intertek
Intertek’s global network of customer-focused auditors and technical experts are uniquely qualified to help you meet the increasingly competitive market challenges and regulatory requirements for compliance. Partner with us and gain the confidence of knowing that you have solid, effective environmental processes in place.
RC14001 solutions are delivered by SAI Global, an Intertek company.
Need help or have a question?