ISO 18788 / PSC.1 - Management Systems for Private Security Company Operations
ISO 18788 Management System for Private Security Company Operations is a standard that specifies requirements and provides guidance for organisations conducting or contracting security operations.
ISO 18788:2015 provides framework for establishing, implementing, operating, monitoring, reviewing, maintaining and improving the Security Operations Management System (SOMS). ISO 18788 gives business and risk management the framework for SOMS, while demonstrating conduct of professional security operations to meet clients’ and other stakeholders’ requirements, in addition to accountability to law and respect to Human Rights and consistency with voluntary commitments to which subscribes.
ISO 18788 draws on provisions from and provides mechanism to demonstrate compliance with relevant principles, legal obligations and voluntary commitments and good practices of:
- The International Code of Conduct for Private Security Providers (ICoC) 2010
- The Montreux Document on Pertinent International Obligations and Good Practices for States Related to Operations of Private Military and Security Companies During Armed Conflict, 2008
- Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights, Implementing the United Nations “Protect, Respect and Remedy” Framework, 2011
Benefits of ISO 18788 and PSC.1 to your organization:
- Implements and maintains an effective SOMS
- Gives your organisation creditability within the private security industry
- Shows your organisation’s respect for human rights
Intertek is the first international certification body accredited by UKAS to provide certification services for Private Security Company (PSC) Operations against the ANSI/ASIS PSC.1 Standard, an extension of scope against ISO 18788. Intertek has helped organisations around the world achieve ISO 18788 certification. We provide more than just a certificate; our PSC.1/SOMS auditor team is a leading Total Quality Assurance provider to organisations worldwide.
Need help or have a question?