Product Quality Inspections
Intertek's Product Quality Inspections will help protect your brand and your company’s reputation by minimizing defective merchandise, customer complaints, non-compliant products, and late shipments.
It is imperative that manufacturers verify that the products manufactured, shipped and distributed under their brand name meet industry, government regulations or their own specific requirements. As an independent, third party inspection and testing company, Intertek can conduct a variety of on-site inspections to ensure that your brand, reputation and consumers are protected. Product Quality Inspections can help manufacturers:
- Ensure product safety prior to shipping
- Minimize the amount of defective merchandise
- Reduce customer complaints due to inferior products
- Detect merchandise containing non-standard or non-compliant components
- Eliminate late shipments
Based on your specific needs throughout the manufacturing process, Intertek offers a wide variety of quality inspection services.
Intertek will inspect raw materials and components before production begins. After product samples are provided, we will verify that the factory has ordered the correct materials, components, and accessories. We will also randomly select and inspect a sample of partially produced products for potential defects, then report our findings to you. If necessary, we can provide the factory with the technical advice necessary to improve product quality and to minimize the chance of defects during production.
During Production Inspections
During Production Inspections are ideal for shipments of substantial quantities; product lines with continuous production; strict requirements for on-time shipments; and as a follow-up if poor results were found during Pre-Production Inspection. Normally, During Production Inspections are carried out when 10-15% of the merchandise is completed. Intertek will inspect the production batch and examine products in the line for possible defects.
At this point we will identify deviations, if any, and offer advice on corrective measures that will ensure uniformity of product and quality. We will also re-check any defects discovered during Pre-Production Inspection and confirm that they have been rectified.
Final Random Inspections
Final Random Inspections can begin only after production has been completed and all merchandise is ready and packed for shipment. Through a statistical method set by industry standards, we will sample products to verify product safety, quantity, workmanship, function, color, size, packing, and more. This ensures that your product is consistent and compliant with all country, industry, or otherwise-specified requirements and that no critical major or minor defects appear.
During Loading supervision, an Intertek representative will closely monitor the loading process, verify product quantity, and ensure proper handling of the cargo. Upon completion, the container(s) will be sealed with Intertek tape as proof of compliance. This service significantly reduces the risk associated with importing cargo.
On-Site Checking can vary depending on a product’s nature and function. The following examinations, however, can be performed on-site during Pre-Production, During Production, and Final Random Inspections:
- Bar Code Check
- Earth Continuity Check
- Hi-Pot Check
- Power Consumption Check
- Power On Check
- Rub Check by Water
- Tape Check by 3M Tape
- Transportation Drop Check
Intertek can monitor your entire manufacturing process – from sourcing the right supplier through final delivery of finished product. With auditors located around the world, with particular concentration in Asia, we’re able to provide extensive coverage in China, Korea, Malaysia, Thailand, Taiwan, and Vietnam. Our global locations and accreditations provide you with peace of mind and assurance that your products are the quality you expect and demand.
- Transitioning Products and Certification to UL 60335-2-89
- NSF 456 Vaccine Storage Fact Sheet
- Germicidal Efficacy Testing: Appliance Considerations
- Germicidal Products Webinar: Safety, Performance, and Efficacy
- IEC 62368-1 Standard Compliance Guide White Paper
- Product Listing & Marking Strategies White Paper
- Updated FCC Approval Process Webinar
- Household Dishwasher Test Method EN 50242:2016 Fact Sheet
- Gas Appliance Regulations: Guidance for Implementation of GAR vs. GAD White Paper
- Flammable Refrigerants: Comprehensive Assurance Fact Sheet
- Ceiling Fan Energy Efficiency: Compliance with DOE Rule 10 CFR Part 430
- NTA 8837 Regulation Fact Sheet
- G Marking For Low-Voltage Electrical Products in the Middle East White Paper
- Why Meeting Safety Standards can Still Result in Recalls
- Product Directories
- Public Notices & Product Safety Alerts
- Smart Grid Services
- Intertek Protek - The world’s first industry-agnostic, end-to-end health, safety and wellbeing assurance program