Toy Safety Certification Solutions
Enhance your company's brand value and competitive advantage with Toy Safety Certification Services from Intertek
Our Toy Safety Certification program developed for toys and juvenile products pays particular attention to the legislative intent and context of new mandatory third-party certification requirements. Concurrently, we strive to remain adaptable to changes in toy safety standards for both federal requirements and international markets. Intertek is the first to provide a toy certification program, which strategically meets the goals of businesses, consumer concerns, and regulatory requirements by:
- Addressing the root causes of the 2007 recall;
- Ensuring alignment with new mandatory requirements;
- Ensuring immediate availability for implementation; and
- Ensuring effectiveness and user-friendliness through simple program design.
The program includes the following essential elements:
- Documentation Review (Quality System Desktop Auditing)
- Pre-production testing
- Random sampling and batch testing
- Market Surveillance Testing of product collected from retail store shelves
Explaining EN 71-3 2013 New Chemical Migration Limits in Toys and Childcare Items Webinar
Essentials of Due Diligence and Bench marking White Paper
Understanding EN 71-3 new chemical migration limits in toys and childcare items
An Expert’s View of the Implications of the New EU Toy Directive (2009/48/EC) (776 KB PDF)
Insight Bulletins (formerly Sparkles)
Insight Bulletins on the EU Toy Safety Directive (EN 71)
What is InterLink™?
InterLink™ is a data management tool that helps global retailers and brands monitor progress, compliance, documentation, supply chain collaboration and data and performance analysis.