Compliance With the New European Union Cosmetics Regulations – Are You Ready for 2013?
December 06, 2011
A review of the new Regulations, Data and Safety Assessment Requirements, Roles and Responsibilities, Implementation Deadlines and Notification Requirements
Download free pdf presentation and audio recording
Learn more about how to ensure your business complies with the new EU cosmetics regulations and to complete the required notifications by the end of 2012.
On January 11, 2010, the European Union’s new regulation governing cosmetic products entered into force superseding European Council Directive 76/768/EEC. It harmonized cosmetic regulations among all member states. Full enforcement will come into effect at the beginning of 2013. In the meantime, the cosmetic industry must take certain action to come into compliance. Significant data requirements will be enforced through mandated generation of Product Information Files (PIFs). A PIF is required for all cosmetic/toiletry products that are on sale to the public.
The EU Cosmetics Regulation applies to your business if you manufacturer, import, use or distribute cosmetic products or ingredients into the EU market. This presentation is meant to provide a summary of the regulatory and data requirements soon to be mandated for all cosmetic products and every ingredient therein sold in the European Union.
Topics to be addressed:
- Historical context of the new cosmetics regulation
- Overview of the regulation
- Requirements and timelines for implementation
- Safety assessment requirements
- Notification requirements
- Approach to compliance after 2013
Download a free copy of pdf presentation and audio recording
- Intertek Cantox offers the regulatory and scientific expertise necessary to provide reliable advice and support for launching a cosmetics product that will comply with current and upcoming regulations. Contact us by email or download our brochure below for more details.
Intertek Cantox Cosmetics Regulatory Services Brochure (PDF)