Surfactants analysis and testing expertise
Intertek surfactant analysis capabilities range from simple tests involving one technique to protocols involving many analytical techniques.
Surfactant Analysis Techniques:
Surfactant testing expertise extends across a range of capabilities, including NMR, Mass Spectroscopy, LC-MS, HPLC and GC-MS. One or several approaches may be employed depending on the nature of the surfactant or concentration.
Complex surfactant formulations may contain dozens of components at vastly varying concentration levels, requiring a multidisciplinary approach. A coordinated approach can be required, which bring together skills in extraction, separation science and spectroscopy. Intertek has the required expertise in this area from the years of experience inside ICI and other large surfactant manufacturers. A more often used standard approach is a combination of NMR and MALDI which combines both chemical specificity and absolute quantitation.
Non Ionic Surfactant Analysis:
- EOPO copolymers (Poloxamers)
- Alcohol or Phenolic initiated alkoxylates (Butanol ethoxylates, Nonyl phenol ethoxylates)
- PEG esters (Adipic ethoxylate esters)
Anionic Surfactant Analysis:
- Aliphatic and aromatic Sulphonates and Pulphates (Alkyl benzene sulphonate)
- Phosphate Esters eg Nonylphenol Ethoxylate Phosphate ester
Cationic Surfactant Analysis:
- Ester quats (Di-tallow triethanolamine ester quat)
- Alkyl amine quaternaries (Dimethyl ammonium quat)
Zwitterionic Surfactant Analysis:
- Betaine Cocamidopropyl betains (CAPB)
Surfactants Testing and Analysis:
Need help or have a question?
- Adhesives QA Testing Programs
- Food Contact & Non-Intentionally Added Substances (NIAS)
- The DoC and Regulation 10/2011 for Plastic Food Contact Materials
- Regulation EU 2020/1245 To Amend Regulation EU 10/2011
- PFAS Monitoring in Environmental and Polymer Samples
- Microplastics and Nanoparticles - Definitions And Regulatory Considerations
- Microplastics and Nanoparticles and Food Contact Applications
- Dissolution of Hydroxyapatite Coatings for Medical Devices
- Particulate Contamination control and analysis
- Polymer Rheology Testing Case Study