SPF Testing and Clinical Sunscreen Testing Studies
Human volunteer sun protection factor (SPF) testing and in vitro sunscreen testing and clinical studies supporting sun protection factor safety, labelling requirements and claim substantiation including sun protection factor studies, UVA protection studies ISO 24442, in-vitro SPF testing, UVB protection studies ISO 23698, water resistance testing, persistent pigment darkening (PPD) studies, phototoxicity and photosensitisation screening, skin anti-ageing studies and self-tanning.
Sun Protection Factor clinical studies are critical to boosting innovation and ensuring the clinical efficacy and safety of sun care products. With greater consumer awareness and regulations governing products claiming SPF (Sun Protection Factor), tanning, water-resistance and skin lightening properties, proper testing of these products helps ensure that your products work and are in compliance. Intertek provides comprehensive in vivo & in vitro sun care services, including SPF testing, water resistance, and UVA protection studies, which are tailored to meet your unique regulatory requirements and support your marketing claims. Additionally, we offer safety and efficacy studies for self-use tanning products, sunless tanners, and skin tone lightening products.
Sun Protection Factor studies:
- SPF Calculation to determine the level of UVB protection offered by a product. This test can be conducted to standard regional guidelines such as the International, United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and Australia/New Zealand methods.
- SPF and Water Resistance.
UVA Protection studies:
- Calculation of the time-induced pigment response & photostability of a product conducted under the Japan Cosmetic Industry Association (JCIA)’s Persistent Pigment Darkening Method (PPD) Method.
Water Resistance testing:
- SPF Calculation to determine the level of protection offered by product post-water immersion. This test can be conducted to standard regional guidelines such as European Cosmetic Toiletry and Perfumery Association (Colipa) or FDA methods.
Skin Tone Lightening studies:
- Using both subjective and objective measures, improvement in the appearance of skin tone can be measured in products.
Phototoxicity and Photosensitisation Screening:
- Screening test for irritancy and/or allergy potential following exposures to UV light.
Skin Anti-Ageing studies:
- Understanding of the link between sun exposure and premature skin ageing is a growing. Intertek can offer advice as well as specialist studies for anti-aging product clinical assessment.
Self-Tanning, Sunless Tanning testing:
- Self-tan products is large sector of the cosmetics industry. We can offer studies utilising specialist bioinstrumentation, as well as consumer perception research to meet your needs.
Intertek's clinical facilities are based in Paris, France, and offer an optimal blend of practicality and flexibility with the capability to accommodate studies in different indications with high quality clinical spaces including private examination rooms, interview areas, sample preparation and dosing stations.
With over 30 years of experience, our team of cosmetic clinical trial specialists in Paris are experts in of planning, recruiting, and conducting clinical trials to ensure the clinical efficacy and safety of dermo-cosmetics, particularly sun protection products. Partner with us, and let our efficient and robust trial solutions guarantee the performance and safety of your sunscreen products.