Carbon Footprint Services
With various international initiatives related to carbon and water measurement, such as the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDG), there is a push for nations and industry to drastically reduce greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions, energy and water consumption.
Intertek’s Carbon Footprint and Water Footprint evaluation service involves the evaluation of environmental impacts, energy consumption, GHG emissions and water consumption attributable to a product, package or facility operation. The key components of Intertek’s Carbon Footprint and Water Footprint evaluation service include:
- Identification and clarification of consumption and emission-reduction responsibilities for a facility
- Calculation of Carbon Footprint and Water Footprint
- Recommendations regarding consumption and emissions reductions
- Recommend sources for ‘carbon credits’
- Carbon Footprint and Water Footprint review and verification services
Several frameworks for Carbon Footprint and Water Footprint have been developed, each distinguished by the desired goal, certification or prescribed methodology. Established ISO 14067, ISO 14046 and ISO 14044 standards for Carbon Footprint and Water Footprint provide the baseline for most requirements and are internationally recognized. The methods of evaluating carbon and water footprint for a product, package or material align with other mechanisms such as Life Cycle Assessment.
Carbon Footprint and Water Footprint services can support companies authentically communicate sustainable claims using appropriate and globally recognized standards. Some common standards that organization’s pursue for their product include PAS 2050 or PAS 2060, Carbon Trust, or the GHG Protocol Product Standard. Various programs offered under Intertek’s Sustainability Certification mark can further validate sustainability initiatives promoted in your organization and communicated to your customer.
- EHS Carbon Footprinting Services
- Intertek Carbon Offset Program
- Stack Emission Measurements
- Environmental Emission Monitoring Services
- Industrial Plant Environmental Monitoring and Safety
- GHG Validation and Verification Services
- Science-based Target Services for the Reduction of Greenhouse Gas Emissions