Public Notices & Product Safety Alerts
Our public Notices and Safety Alerts provide you with recent announcements on product safety concerns and counterfeit ETL and/or WHI Listed and Verified Marks. Posting of Public Notices and Safety Alerts are categorized based on the following criteria
- Public Notices generally involve a certification mark (i.e. cETLus) and are usually only posted with Intertek and relevant Regulatory Bodies. These notices include marketing claims, an unauthorized Multiple Listee, products changed by manufacturers without notifying Intertek, or unknown products. Notices may also advise of a risk with a product where tests may have been conducted with errors in procedure.
- Safety Alerts generally do not involve a certification and only posted with Intertek. These notices advise of false non-certification marketing claims and falsified test reports. Additionally, notices may advise of a risk associated with a product where tests may have been conducted with errors in procedure.
Public Notices & Safety Alerts Archive
Product Recall Resources
- Electrical Safety Authority (ESA): Safety Recalls Index
- Health Canada Advisories, Warnings & Recalls
- Technical Standards & Safety Authority: Product Recalls
Investigate an ETL or Warnock Hersey (WH) Listed ProductComplete this form if you would like to report an ETL Listed or Warnock Hersey Listed product that does not appear to be in compliance with the applicable standard or report an ETL or Warnock Hersey Listed product that has been involved in an accident.
Non-Conforming Product Complaint / Field Investigation Request