Modern Slavery: How to identify the indicators and mitigate the risks
On Demand Webinar
Organisations are increasingly aware of the risk of finding Modern Slavery in their supply chains. However, many businesses remain unsure about what they need to do to protect the people who work on their goods and services, as well as their reputation.
Intertek is the largest social compliance audit company globally, with 850 compliance auditors in 65 countries. In this webinar our experts will explain the key risk areas, how to identify the signs that Modern Slavery might be taking place and what action to take.
- Explanation of Modern Slavery, including facts and figures from around the world
- Explanation of key terms such as ‘bonded labour’ and ‘exploitation’
- Potential indicators of Modern Slavery
- Review of the main risk industries
- What action to take if forced labour is identified in the supply chain
- The UK Modern Slavery Act and its requirements
- Writing a modern slavery statement
By attending this webinar, you will develop a better understanding of Modern Slavery risks and indicators. Attendees will be able to implement their learning in their organisation in order to help build a safer and more secure supply chain.
Athiya Khatri (Tia) is a highly experienced MSA and CSR auditor who conducts audits in over 30 different standards including: SMETA 2 and 4 pillar, WCA, EICC, as well as client specific audits such as Apple, Coca-Cola, Unilever and L’Oréal. Tia’s auditing experience is wide-ranging and covers Textiles, Food and Beverages, Service Industry, Chemicals, Personal Care Items, Electronics, Footwear, Furniture Manufacture, Farming, Printers, Logistics, and Hotels. Working across global markets since 2007, Tia has conducted audits in China, India and the United Kingdom.