Hoverboards, UL 2272 and You!
With several news articles and publicized bans on Hoverboards (or similar “self-balancing scooters” and related battery-powered devices) consumers, distributors, retailers, and manufacturers have been challenged with certifying the safety of these devices, despite a lack of certification programs. Currently, there are multiple efforts underway globally to address these concerns, and offer solutions for this industry. Join Intertek for an informative webinar on Hoverboard safety considerations as well as recent and upcoming certification options.
Key topics discussed:
- The new draft UL 2272 standard, and how it addresses the known risks
- Lithium-ion batteries and charging systems considerations and regulations
- Electrical Safety and Fire Risk Certification options
- Considerations for the mechanical hazards
- Applying functional safety methodologies in developing and assuring the safe design and usage of these new and popular devices
Fill out the form below to view the webinar recording for this topic that will help answer your questions about the new Hoverboard standards and safety considerations. For more information on Hoverboard testing, please visit www.intertek.com/batteries/hoverboard-testing/