Intertek’s Clean Air program independently tests and certifies products to low VOC standards that are recognized by sustainability initiatives including, but not limited to, LEED, WELL, and BIFMA e3.
Intertek’s Clean Air Certification demonstrates that products are low-emitting and contribute to healthier indoor environments. Our Clean Air certification program, utilizes our expert team of chemists and ISO 17025 accredited lab to test products for VOC emission compliance. Compliance demonstrated through certification is accepted by USGBC for LEED v4 EQ Credit Low-Emitting Materials and contributes to WELL features such as Air Quality, Enhanced Air Quality, and VOC Restrictions.
Intertek's indoor air quality certification program provides two classes of certification, along with the use of the Intertek Clean Air label for product packaging and client marketing.
Clean Air SILVER conformance to ANSI/ BIFMA e3 Furniture Sustainability Standard credit 7.6.1.
Clean Air GOLD Conformance to ANSI/ BIFMA e3 standard credits 7.6.1, 7.6.2 +/- credit 7.6.3 or conformance to California Department of Public Health (CDPH) Standard Method v1.2 01350 (2017)
Benefits of Indoor Air Quality Certification
- Measure the environmental impact of product VOC emissions for Indoor Air Quality
- Opportunity to benchmark product components to industry standards
- Compliance to LEED EQ Low-Emitting Materials credit and other sustainability initiatives
- Promote products that contribute to healthy indoor environments in the marketplace through various partnering sustainable sourcing directories and Intertek’s Sustainability Directory
- In house marketing support to marketing or sales teams to help promote a product’s certification
- Direct access to a sales representative, program manager, and chemist throughout each phase of the certification process
- Assistance with detecting the process or manufacturing changes that could affect product emissions