VOC Indoor Air Quality Certification
Intertek’s Clean Air program independently tests and certifies products to regulated sustainability initiatives including, but not limited to, BIFMA e3, California CDPH, LEED, and WELL.
Accepted by USGBC for LEED v4 EQ Credit Low-Emitting Materials, our Clean Air certification program, (formally ETL Environmental VOC certification) utilizes our expert team of chemists and globally-recognized ISO 17025 accredited labs to test your products for VOC emission compliance. Intertek's proprietary program provides two classes of certification, along with the use of the Intertek Clean Air label for product packaging and client marketing.
Clean Air SILVER Certification states conformance to ANSI/ BIFMA e3 Furniture Sustainability Standard credit 7.6.1.
Clean Air GOLD Certification states conformance to ANSI/ BIFMA e3 standard credits 7.6.1, 7.6.2 and/or credit 7.6.3, which includes California Department of Public Health (CDPH) Standard Method v1.2 01350 (2017), as well as conformance to low-emitting materials for WELL and LEED.
Benefits of Indoor Air Quality Certification:
- Measure the environmental impact of product VOC emissions for Indoor Air Quality
- Opportunity to benchmark product components to industry standards
- Compliance to LEED EQ Low-Emitting Materials credit
- Compliance to ANSI/ BIFMA e3 Furniture Sustainability Standard credit 7.6 Low Emitting Furniture
- Promote environmentally-friendly sustainable products in the marketplace
LEARN MORE: Download our complimentary white paper