Asbestos Awareness Training in New Zealand
Intertek offers asbestos awareness training throughout New Zealand for those who may come into contact with asbestos.
Our Asbestos Awareness Training program is intended for those people who are likely to come into contact with asbestos in their day to day activities. The asbestos awareness program is also aimed at those who influence the manner in which work is carried out, such as maintenance workers, electricians, plumbers etc. Asbestos can be deadly, so asbestos training is needed to avoid risk, protect yourself and your colleagues and carry out the task in a safe manner.
Our Asbestos Awareness Training program can be tailored to the individual needs of your business and can be delivered at a time that suits you, including after hours or during weekends.
The Asbestos Awareness Training Program can be taken at our Ruakaka office or at a venue of your choice, including your workplace. Each delegate will receive a certificate of attendance. The certificates do have an expiry date as the current guidelines recommend refresher courses at regular intervals.
This training provides much needed information and covers the following topics:
- The properties of asbestos and its effects on health
- The types, uses and likely occurrence of asbestos and ACM’s in buildings and plant
- The general procedures to be followed to deal with an emergency or uncontrolled release of asbestos dust in the work place
- How to avoid the risk from asbestos
- Understanding asbestos, locations & types
- Health & Safety: before and during work
- Use of equipment (RPE, PPE & Sundry)
- Understanding the health effects when working in an asbestos environment
- Your responsibilities
- How to eliminate the exposure to asbestos around your place of work